How To Make Perfect Bacon in the Oven

Home Forums Happy Cooking How To Make Perfect Bacon in the Oven

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • I think we can agree that crispy, smoky bacon is one of life’s greatest pleasures. However, standing over a hot stove dodging sputtering bacon grease is not. Here is how we can have the best of both worlds: an easy, simple, hassle-free method for cooking perfect bacon, all in the oven. It’s the perfect way to cook a lot of bacon all at once, enough bacon for a crowd!
      Why the Oven Is Best for a Big Batch of Bacon
      I was a skeptic of oven-baked bacon at first. Give up cooking the long strips in my beloved cast iron skillet? Really? There’s just something that feels so nostalgic and right about cooking bacon that way — tenderly flipping and monitoring the progress of every slice, although yes, while nursing the occasional oil-spatter burn. For a few quick slices, I still think a skillet is the way to go; but when cooking a pound or more of bacon for a big Saturday brunch or for a week of easy meal add-ins, I am a total oven-baked-bacon convert.

• How Much Bacon Can I Cook at Once?

• I find that one pound of medium-thick bacon fits on a single large baking sheet, like our favorite sheet pan. To cook even more (or if your bacon doesn’t all fit on one sheet), you can cook two baking sheets at once.

• Do I Have to Flip the Bacon?

• Nope! You don’t have to flip it while cooking. It’s just so easy — there’s no flipping or monitoring involved. You just lay the bacon on a baking sheet, stick it in the oven, and set a timer. The strips of bacon bubble away in the oven (no splattering!) and gradually become the crispy, golden-hued, irresistible bacon we know and love.

• How Do I Make the Bacon Extra-Crispy?

• Bacon cooked in the oven definitely gets crispy, but I also find that it retains a bit of chewiness near the middle, especially when cooking thick-cut bacon. I love this, but if you love your bacon crispy through and through, then you should try baking it on top of a metal cooling rack set over the baking sheet. Lifting the bacon up lets it cook from all sides and get even crispier. Just make sure to use an oven-safe cooling rack for baking bacon. This one below is one of our favorites: very sturdy, and a total steal!

• I use my OXO Good Grips Nonstick Pro Cooling and Baking Rack to cook my bacon, it’s an extra rack !

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.

Discover Gorgo

Welcome to Gorgo, an author oriented theme.
A place where words matter. Discover without further ado our countless community stories.

Build great relations

Explore all the content form Gorgo community network. Forums, Groups, Members, Posts, Social Wall and many more. You can never get tired of it!

Become a member

Get unlimited access to the best articles on Gorgo and support our  lovely authors. Upgrade Now